The bible says People are destined to die once, and after that comes Judgment by God himself. The apostle John wrote this "And I saw the dead, great and small, standing before the throne, and books were opened. Another book was opened, which is the book of life. The dead were judged according to what they had done as recorded in the books."
Option 1: Heaven - Saved by Jesus
You have one way of escaping judgment: Ask Jesus to come into your heart and forgive you of your sins. People who ask Jesus into their heart have their names written in what the bible calls the Book of Life. Your promise! "I will never blot out the name of that person from the book of life, but will acknowledge that name before my Father and his angels" Jesus. So at Judgment Jesus steps up and says - this person is mine!
Option 2: Hell - Victim of Satan
"What if i don't ask Jesus in my heart?" Death and the hades were cast to the lake of the fire – this [is] the second death; and if any one was not found written in the book of life, he was cast to the lake of the fire.
YOU CAN BE SURE THAT YOU WILL GO TO HEAVEN! The message of the Bible regarding the assurance of heaven (eternal life) and the certainty of going to heaven is specific, clear, and simple. If you can agree to the following 6 points based on the Bible, you can have the promise of God that you will be in heaven when you die.
1. You have sinned (are less perfect than God) and the payment for sin is death or separation from God. This separation is taking place now and will go on forever (hell) unless you are rescued by God.
Romans 3:10 “…there is none righteous not even one.”
Romans 6: 23 “For the wages of sin is death, but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord.”
QUESTION - Do you agree that ALL, including yourself, have sinned and need to be rescued? Yes ___ No ___
2. Man's rescue plan falls short: Sinning less, stopping sin from now on, making commitments, do more good than bad, religious acts such as communion, baptism etc... These all fall short of the righteousness needed to enter heaven. No human can achieve the righteousness needed to enter heaven by human or religious effort.
Titus 3:5 “Not by works of righteousness which we have done but according to His mercy He saved us…”
QUESTION - Will you agree to stop using your good works and efforts as your plan to gain heaven (eternal life)? Yes ___ No ___
3. You cannot pay for your sins: (rescue yourself) by a good life, good works, church membership, tithing, baptism, communion etc...
Ephesians 2:8-9 “For by grace are you saved through faith, and that not of yourselves (your works, efforts, ideas) it is the gift of God. Not of works lest any man should boast.”
QUESTION - Can your good works qualify you for rescue (salvation, heaven)? Yes ___ No ___
4. God's rescue plan for you is Jesus: Jesus, who was God in human flesh, came to earth, lived a sinless life and died on the cross to make a complete and total payment for your sin in your place. God is satisfied with Jesus' payment for your sin in your place. Only Jesus' work on the cross would satisfy God, not any of yours. It is only His work that can get you into heaven.
Romans 5:8 “But God demonstrates his love toward us in that while we were yet sinners Christ died for us.”
QUESTION - Do you agree with God's rescue plan as the only hope for entering heaven? Yes ___ No ___
5. God will forgive your sin and see only Jesus Christ’s righteousness when you believe in Jesus. God will only look at Jesus' righteousness (perfection) because your sin was paid in full on the cross. Your sin is exchanged for Jesus' righteousness. God rescues ONLY those who are clothed in Jesus' righteousness. His righteousness, not yours, qualifies you for heaven.
II Corinthians 5:21 “For He (God) has made him (Jesus Christ) to be sin for us, who (Jesus) knew no sin; that we might be made the righteousness of God in him (Jesus).”
Philippians 3:8 “And be found in Him (Jesus) not having my own righteousness which if from the law (by works), but that which is through the faith of Christ, the righteous which is of God by faith.”
QUESTION – Right now, will you put 100% of your trust in (believe in) Jesus Christ as your Savior? Yes ___ No ___
6. All who believe in Jesus can have the assurance that this righteousness (salvation, rescue) will never change, it will last forever, it can never be lost, and you will have eternal life in heaven. Jesus' work on the cross paid for ALL of your past, present and future sin. Heaven is your personal possession based on Christ’s work not your own.
John 3:16 “For God so loved the world that he gave his only begotten son that whoever believes in him will not perish but have eternal life (heaven).”
John 5:24 “Truly, truly I say to you, he that believes in me, HAS everlasting life (heaven).”
John 10:28 “And I give to them eternal life and they shall never perish, neither shall any man pluck them out of my hand.”
QUESTION - What do you have if you put your trust in Jesus to rescue you? Eternal life!
QUESTION - If you have put your trust in Christ, how sure can you be that you have eternal life in heaven? 100%!
WHAT HAPPENS WHEN YOU BELIEVE IN JESUS CHRIST AS YOUR SAVIOR?
The promises of God become true for YOU! God is not a man and does not lie or go back on His word. What he has promised about heaven He will do. If a person has trusted in the promise of eternal life through Jesus, God must keep his word and bring that person to heaven. The Bible says you can be sure of going to heaven!
I John 5:13 “These things have I written to you that believe on the name of the Son of God that you may KNOW that you have eternal life (heaven).”
Jesus comes into your life and begins His personal presence with you. He will never leave and this relationship will last forever! Eternal life is also Jesus living in you. He longs to have a personal relationship with you. This relationship is described as a father/son relationship. Just as God’s promises for eternal life are true, so are Jesus promises to bring peace and joy into your life. Through his death and resurrection he has overcome Satan and the power of sin that controls our lives before we believe in him. We control the switch for that power to work in our lives by admitting we cannot win the battle against sin. Jesus wins it for us when we yield ourselves to him. He has the power to defeat sin for us so we can live the way He wants us to live.
John 17:3 Jesus said: “Now this is eternal life that they might know you and Jesus Christ whom you have sent.”
John 14:27 “Peace I leave with you, my peace I give to you, not as the world gives to you, give I unto you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid.”
I Corinthians 15:57 “But thanks be to God who gives us the victory through our Lord Jesus Christ.”
HOW CAN YOU GROW IN YOUR RELATIONSHIP WITH JESUS?
Just like any growing relationship, there must be a willingness to participate by both parties in honesty, openness and commitment. Humans get to know each other by talking, listening and asking questions. Jesus desires the same thing. He wants you to be open and tell him everything and ask him questions. He speaks to you through the Bible and the prompting of the Holy Spirit. He describes this like coming into your house and sitting down over a cup of coffee or a meal. He is willing and desires to get started right now, are you?
Revelation 3:20 “Behold I stand at the door and knock; if any man will hear my voice and open the door I will come in to him and sup (eat) with him and he with me.”
4 Steps to a great relationship with Jesus.
1. Spend some time every day reading the Bible. Begin reading the book of John. Mark each time you see the word “believe” or a variation of it. Notice how Jesus relates to people. This is how he relates to you and thinks about you! Establish a habit of reading…stay hungry! You will grow in your relationship
2. Talk with Jesus like the friend that He is. He is patient, kind, faithful and loves you more than anyone else in the world. Your problems will not all disappear but now you have someone who can do something about them. Stay open and listen!
The door for fellowship (having coffee together) is opened or closed by you. When we sin, we close the door for fellowship. The Bible and the Holy Spirit will let you know what displeases God. God wants us back inside the coffee shop. Confessing (agreeing with God that an act or thought is wrong) our sin to Jesus in prayer cleanses us from sin and we open the door again. Jesus NEVER closes the door. Jesus forgives us and the door is open again.
I John 1:9 “If we confess our sin, he is faithful and just (fair) to forgive our sin and cleanse us from all unrighteousness”
3. Find other people who also believe in Jesus. Find those who: study their Bibles personally, are concerned about telling others about salvation by grace through faith apart from works, talk to God in a personal conversational way about everything, have a grasp of what the whole Bible says. Tell them you have recently believed in Jesus as your savior. Tell us you have believed in Jesus as your savior.
4. You were created by God! He loves you and died for you! Love Him, worship Him, obey Him, and put Him first in your life! He deserves all of our lives! Now that you are saved, this is God's desire for you!
Mark 12:30 “And you shall love the Lord your God with all your heart, and with all your soul, and with all your mind, and with all your strength: this is the first commandment.”
Are you ready to accept this free gift?
Jesus = Heaven "Eternal Life"
Satan = Lake of Fire "Eternal Hell"
Note: One day it will be too late to believe in Jesus ask for forgiveness of your sins.
"I will never blot out the name of that person from the book of life, but will acknowledge that name before my Father and his angels." Jesus Revelation 3:5
Are you a Church leader? Connect with us for Ministry support.